Weekend Report: A Look Back At A Big Week For
1. We Launched The HODINKEE iPhone App!
We put in a lot of work on this one – our absolute first local portable application. The HODINKEE application works out positively, well past a re-bundling of our RSS channel – this a powerful interface that allows you to search and browse by our most famous segments (think Talking Watches, Three on Three, and Reference Points) just as by brand. We additionally included pop-up messages for breaking news so you never miss the most recent deliveries. Goodness, and you can check-out from the HODINKEE shop by utilizing only your thumb. Find out about it here and download it here , you’ll adore it.
2. We Announced Who'll Be Speaking At The HODINKEE Collectors Conference (And It's Insane)
Aurel Bacs, Philippe Dufour, Jason Singer, and that’s just the beginning, all in New York City, answering your most authentic questions. The HODINKEE Collectors Summit is turning out to be a downright epic weekend for watch sweethearts that want to go the extra-mile. Subtleties here , and apply to go to here .
3. Jaeger-LeCoultre Launched An Incredibly Cool New Watch With Completely New Caliber Called The True-Second
Imagine a JLC that looks like an ordinary three-hander, however really has an unfathomably progressed, high-exactness chronometer grade development inside. This is the new Geophysic True Second, and we disclosed to you about it in a unique HODINKEE video here .
4. F.P. Journe Showed A Limited Edition Set Of Their Most Popular Watches, IN STAINLESS STEEL
I can sincerely say this set got the HODINKEE group more energized than latest delivered. F.P. Journe has chosen to cease the first 38vmm case size, and in doing as such, he chose to deliver the last watches in this cautious size in a bunch of five watches, cased in treated steel. Of course, it’ll cost you $308,000, however it’s worth each damn penny. More here .
5. We Found The Only Watch To Be Worn On The Moon In Private Hands, For Sale
This Bulova chronograph was worn on the moon. It’s the lone lunar-worn piece that will at any point come available to be purchased, in light of the fact that all NASA-gave pieces are now and always property of the U.S. government. In the event that you want it, you can have it, at a cost. Subtleties here .
6. Christie's Uncovered A Never-Before-Seen Patek Perpetual With Military Dial
I speculate the coolness of the military dial Patek 2497 that Christie’s has uncovered will be lost on most, however trust me, this is an epic find. Not exclusively is it absolutely legit and wonderful, however the dial is likely stand-out. Find out about it here .
7. Phillips Blew Our Minds With Their November Highlights
Imagine an all inclusive resource for building a mega (super) assortment – this is what Phillips is ending up being. We got a gander at their November features and blessed wow. More here .
8. Jack Went Hands-On With His "Exit Watch" – The $350,000 Credor Minute Repeater, From Seiko
I love it when Jack goes HAM on something – and seeing him give the stunning Credor Minute Repeater the Professor Forster treatment was totally incredible. Peruse it here .